Our Privacy Commitment
Alagang Kapatid Foundation Inc. values and respects your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding your personal data in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
Why do we collect your personal information (as applicable)?
We may collect and maintain basic information about you as site user of Alagang Kapatid site for the following purposes:
- To promote our latest corporate social responsibility initiatives (CSR);
- To build partnerships for our initiatives;
- To call for donations for our medical missions and Disaster Response, Recovery and Rehabilitation Programs;
- To invite volunteers to participate on medical missions and initiatives;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- To perform other processes or disclosures that are required to comply with pertinent laws, rules, or regulations.
Where do we get your personal information?
There are several ways we collect your personal information.
Information that you personally provided.
Most of the personal information we have are those you provided when you:
- Volunteer or donate to our CSR initiatives;
- Inquired, or requested for assistance;
- Took part in our research and surveys;
- Became our partner, donor, or volunteer.
Information we collect during your engagement with us
We also collect information as you use our services, like:
- Activities that are being tracked by our website cookies;
- Calling our hotline; and
- Using our apps, websites, and self-service channels and portals.
Information we collect from other sources
Other means of collection of information may be through:
- When you visit and use our websites and mobile application; and
- Subsidiaries, affiliates, and third-party business partners to whom you have given consent to share your information to us.
When do we disclose personal information?
There may be instances when we are required to share the information you provided us. In such cases, we ensure that your personal information will be disclosed on a confidential manner, through secure channels and in compliance with the Data Privacy Act and other privacy laws.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners and other third-party agencies and service providers as part of our regular operations and for the provision of our programs and initiatives. This means we might share your information with our service providers, contractors, and professional advisers who help us provide our services.
How we protect your personal information
The integrity, confidentiality, and security of your information is important to us. We have implemented technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized or fraudulent access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, and other unlawful activities.
We also put in effect the following safeguards:
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We keep your information only for as long as it is necessary (a) for our legitimate business purposes, (c) to comply with pertinent laws, and (d) for special cases that will require the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- We limit the access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who are trained to handle your information with strict confidentiality;
- We undergo regular audits and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected;
- We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;and
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate.
Alagang Kapatid will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Commitment of for any other purpose that you may have given your consent for.
What are your choices?
You are given certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act. We would like to ensure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we have identified. We want you to know that you do have choices and can object or withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time.
If you wish to have access to the personal information in our custody or if you think that the personal information you provided is incomplete, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our Data Protection Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect requested changes.
C/O Data Protection Officer
TV5 Network Inc.
Reliance corner Sheridan Streets
What happens when there are changes in our Policy?
You will be provided notices if the changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will obtain your updated consent.